Google
 

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Another Brick In The Wall.....

Well, chunk of wood in the stack, at least ;o):



While I was out shopping for 5 hours - you should have seen the bargains I scored, I can't wait till Mothers' Day so I can get them officially ;o) I got a willow picnic basket with gear for 4 (china cups, etc.) down from $140 to $15, and a fabric and wood picnic set (old fashioned case style with the turny locks - that's their technical term) with gear for 4 (stem glasses (not even plastic)), down from $130 to $10!!! So I chucked all the gears into the willow basket and tucked it away for moi, and used the fabric covered one to store the PS2 and all the bits (controllers, buzzers, eye toy, cords, games, etc.). You see, I was *actually* going to get a storage box for the PS2, but I'm still kinda on my Plastic Is Evil kick, so it all worked out well in the end. AND I got a hammock, I've always wanted a hammock, and today I scored a fab cotton and rope one for only $5, down from $70. I am the Bargain Queen.

Speaking of Queens, and while I'm rambling, I was strangely ill at ease when being served by the Manager at an appliance store today. My head couldn't put everything together properly because my eyes (which were looking at the Julie nameplate and seeing the skirt and the heels and the 'do and the make-up and the French manicure) were at odds with my brain (which was noticing the man-walk in the heel-clad man-legs, the exquisitely painted man-nails on man-hands, the fully broken man-voice (complete with the man-Adam's apple - which is the giveaway that hormones can't fix), and my oversensitive nose noticed how the feminine scent didn't sit properly with the man-skin). I don't know why this bothered me so, seeing as how I had BridesMate Barrie with me when we got hitched and I was probably the only straight person at the second ever Hero party (back in the 80's when it was just peeps having a ball and celebrating themselves with their mates, not so intent on making a statement to everybody else). Hmmmmm.....

Anyway, back to the whanau. The girls rode their bikes down the road today to play with a mate for a few hours, and then made this hut to sleep in tonight - it was the better option to tidying their room so they could get to their beds, I think ;o):




AND - I posted off my 2007 Christmas Cards today!!!!! I wrote them out finally in January and have been carting them round in the back of the car ever since. Go Me.

AND - I wrote up this story, just for Katie xoxoxo

1 Comments:

Blogger skatey katie said...

forget the *queen* baby,
you are the BARGAIN NINJA!!!!!

i think we need a celebratory picnic. at your place. "pick your own basket" styles... you know, a rainy-day-indoors-picnic where the kiddos pick the Playstation Picnic Basket and the mommas pick the Foodie Basket With The Stem Glasses and we do our usual home ed in the autumn/winter thang... maybe we could call it a Steiner Day seeing as you have baskets an' all?

but GOSH!!! julie-with-the-fingernails?
i *still* haven't had a TPB session with Barrie. what is *with* that? thinking we need the weekend plane tickets?
(gosh i am great with other peeps' social diaries hey?)

right then, i think it's *definitely* time to wake up The Bulldawg and make an espresso.
cos i am rambling *even more* randomly-er than usual
mwah X

8:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home