Google
 

Monday, December 31, 2007

You Know It's Time For New Shoes When.....

.....You tackle poor 14yo boys in the supermarket, lol!

I was thinking about this little incident today and having a little chuckle to myself! I was in New World in Otaki with my Nana and young Britts and I was wearing these high-heeled cloggy things that I'm far too clumsy to ever have bought in the first place ;o)

Nana and I were at the checkout when we realised we'd lost Brittany and had to backtrack and find her. I'm waltzing down the aisles far too confidently when I slip on the floor and loose my footing. Feeling myself heading towards an ungraceful end, I reach out at the first thing I can grab - which happens to be the poor lad re-stocking the shelves! I engulf the poor creature in a rugby-tackle-cum-bear-hug and he kindly cushions my fall as we slide along the shiny floor!

The bonus was that with my new vantage point of underneath the shelves, I see Britts' shoes in the next aisle over and I am able to apologise profusely to said 14yo and pop round the corner to reclaim my lost wee cousin.

The poor 14yo continues stocking the shelves, trying quietly but desperately to block the last five minutes out of his mind completely ;o)

New Years Resolution Suggestion: "Only Buy Shoes That Suit Me - REGARDLESS Of The Price" ;o)

1 Comments:

Blogger skatey katie said...

bwahahahaha
but i just have to say that you tell it ten times funnier in real life...
after we've uncorked the merlot...
mwah X

8:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home