Google
 

Monday, April 07, 2008

Steiner School Class Three Harvest Party.....

Well, that's a bit misleading for a title, because most of these photos are of the walk the boys and I went on while the girls were at their mate Delilah's Steiner School Class Three Harvest Party ;o)

I was a bit stuck for a suitable 'plate' one might bring to said Harvest Party - somehow the Debbie standby of Pita Crisps and Garlic Hummus didn't seem very 'harvesty'. I ended up making a fruit loaf (wholemeal flour and raw sugar version for the Steiner School), but wasn't very happy with that either. Then I hit upon the idea of roasting and salting the last of the chestnuts that H8 'harvested' a few weeks back when she was sleeping under the stars at Matt and Cathy's place, phew!


We were stoked to see Kate and her boys at swimming this morning, and we'll have another double-up on Thursday, and do it again twice next week - yay for us. "Game On!" for us beating you there on Thursday, though.

Back to the Johnson Reserve walk the boys and I embarked upon. We parked at the botttom of the road by the estuary and walked through the bush and over the bridges and up the stairs and along the tracks and through the park and along the paths......


The thing I love about this particular walk is that it can be as long or as short as you like, you can start it from about 10 different entrances, it can be a loop, a zig zag, a straight there and back, etc., etc.:



It has so many options that every 100 metres or so there is a choice of paths to follow, and we take turns at choosing the path at every junction, so consequently each time we go there we end up doing and seeing something different:



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Music scoffs at Steiners. We went to a gala once years ago and the prizes were all like little handmade flax thing and what not...lol, he dragged me outta that *weird* place so fast my arm still hurts. There is a Harvest gala on in Raumati on the weekend, perhaps I will surprise him :) lol.

Jealous about your catch-ups. If you move here I'll swim with you three days a week ;)

10:06 pm  
Blogger The Gorgeous Debbie said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! You crack me up. My kids would have to make a new rhyme to chant every time you and I are racing not to be *the last* at wherever we're going - currently they sing "Debbie and Kate! Always twenty minutes late!"

We could try "Debbie and Hay! They're still on their way!" if I could talk The I'm-Allergic-To-All-Things-Wellington Lad into moving down there ;o)

Or are you an on-timer?

10:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pffffft...um....on time? I am an unschooler remember.

9:53 am  
Blogger skatey katie said...

*game on*
most definitely

get that finger and thumb ready, we'll be camping out in front of the aquatic centre the night before
*L* baby
bwahahahahaha X

7:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home