Google
 

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Whanau, Water and Near-Death Experiences.....

Well, it wasn't really *that* bad, it was more comical than life-threatening, lol!

We headed down to Rotorua for New Years with a few of our favourite cuzzies, we crashed their holiday at their lakeside house and made ourselves well at home:






We had great fun jumping off the jetty:


We played loads of games - card games, board games, jigsaw puzzles, croquet (ya think?) for the dishes, etc.:


We did loads of sitting round chatting, solving the problems of the world:


We did loads of eating:



The Boys and some Straggler Kiddos went fishing at dawn and again late afternoon around Mokoia Island, and the bonus was they were successful (because Uncle Tony knew a secret - ssshhh!!!) and we got to dine on perfectly smoked fresh trout:




We went biscuitting, L5's first time by himself - and he LOVED it:




The Lad, showing us how it's done - "Look, No Hands!":


Look - Some Wake:


This isn't going to end prettily:


Ah, well, it was fun getting there:


WARNING! PICTURES OF A HALF-NAKED FAT LADY LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY FOLLOW!!!!

So I tell our driver that I've NEVER been biscuitting before, I'm not water confident AT ALL, and I'm not a thrill seeker of ANY way, means or shape, and he should just go slowly, or I might cry. He looks trustworthy enough right?:


Here I am ready to go, I can tell that because my life jacket is zipped to the top:


We had to take off with a bit of speed, because the lake is quite shallow and he needed to get above the weed. So I'm clinging desperately to the handles in anticipation of the jolt of the take-off, and when it happens my boob promptly pops out of my new togs and lodges itself between my chins (plural) and the top of my life jacket. I start to find it a bit difficult to breathe, as every bump we go over seems to wedge my boob harder and harder into my windpipe, lol! The more I think about the fact that if I *did* actually manage to asphyxiate myself, nobody would appreciate the joke until after the coroner fathomed a theory from a crushed windpipe and a severely bruised boob!

The more I think about it, the funnier it gets.
And the funnier it gets, the more I laugh.
And the more I laugh, the more the driver thinks I'm enjoying it.
And the more the driver thinks I'm enjoying it, the faster he goes.
And the faster he goes, the bumpier the ride gets.....


So you can see my predicament, and I finally decide that it's probably worth my while unclenching my fingers and arm from the biscuit handle and tucking myself back in. I can tell this is after that, because the zip is not quite done up to the top on my life jacket:


So now I can say I've been biscuitting ;o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home