Google
 

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Biting Off More Than They Can Chew.....

Just hanging today and happened to walk past a rather odd-looking, guilty-faced little boy in his room:


Mostly because the rule is "No eating in the bedrooms", but I was kinda curious about the novel way he had chosen to wear his pyjama top?

Wandering further down the hall I come across this scene:


I'm not sure what the buzz here is, but it's stifling hot and both L5 and L9 got changed *out* of their pyjamas this morning, and now L5 is semi-back in his, and L9 has her winter robe on on top of her clothes, just doing a spot of quilling at the dining room table.

Book Title For The Day: "Say Goodbye to Whining, Complaining, and Bad Attitudes... in you and your kids!" by Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller.

Not that I've *actually* read it, understand. I gave it to my friend Janie to turn into an audio book for me - I'm so lazy when it comes to reading books. But I sort of feel a bit compelled to do something other than let this one collect dust, because it has had so much world money spent on it. I couldn't source it here so I bought it through Amazon for $US8.50 and was too cheap to pay the $US40 freight so I got it shipped to Bazza in the Big Apple, my Bride'sMate (that's what we called him when I made him go on my side in our Bridal Party, lol! "Alright" he said, "But I'm NOT wearing pink, and I'm NOT wearing a dress". Roger That).

I told him to put the book on a slow boat via Guatemala, I didn't care, as long as it got to me before I turned 40, and it didn't cost me the earth.

He must have more money than sense, because I got a FedEx parcel from Mr Vasalini, our fabulous Italian mailman, that cost him $US135 to get to me!!!!! Needless to say, I haven't reimbursed you yet, have I darling? Never mind, if we do decide to come and visit you in the next few months, I might shout you a coffee for your efforts ;o)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I must admit, your story about receiving our book is becoming famous. Anyway, we do have CDs of Say Goodbye to Whining, Complaining, and Bad Attitudes, in You and Your Kids. It's not the book being read. Instead we teach the concepts. And we ship internationally. Hope you enjoy the book. Blessings --Scott Turansky. www.biblicalparenting.org

2:35 am  
Blogger The Gorgeous Debbie said...

Well, I'm very humbled that you made an appearance here and commented personally, I appreciate that immensely. I love your principles, get your email tips and have three of your books, you do great work and I am blessed to have found your angle on parenting. Much love and gratitude xoxoxo

10:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home