Google
 

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Low Down on The Butter.....

Because I'm really slack, and I forgot to keep the till receipts for my little experiment, I went online and got some prices from the Woolworths site, which will do for comparison purposes.

500g Anchor butter is $4.99 (can you believe this is NZ butter in a NZ supermarket?)
500ml Anchor cream is $3.09 (ditto on the cream, and the cheese, and the milk, and the.....)

For some strange reason, I used 250ml cream and got 115g of butter and 190ml of buttermilk.

I can't even begin to imagine what that all equates to, and whether indeed it is cheaper, or even equitable, to just buying it outright. I think this is a project for Kate to pass on to the bulldog for me, I'm sure he can make some sense of it, and she can can remember what my purpose was, lol!:

1 Comments:

Blogger skatey katie said...

well, it looks like the Bought Butter is cheaper, unless you're planning on making a billion scones (with the buttermilk)
cos the cream is yielding half its weight in butter, jah?
and is not half as cheap as Bought Butter, jah?

i would ask Bulldog but he's lookin' a tad wasted, just woke up from a nana nap on the lounge floor while the kiddos are watching Allo Allo
you know, it is i, le clerc X

8:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home