Google
 

Monday, February 04, 2008

It's Wineberry Season Again.....

Yay for wineberries! Janie and her son came for a visit this morning to drop off some books (and have the obligatory game of croquet!), and so the troops disappeared down the forest to pick some morning tea:



I made *another* bad batch of biscotti, I completely suck at making biscotti, and for years and years now I have subjected my family to endless tins of crap biscotti in the search for that elusive success.

I did make a spondooly dinner though (mesclun, pear, camembert and walnut with balsamic viniagrette; pasta, boiled egg, tomato and spring onion with lemon mayonnaise; and lamb loin chops with tomato, red onion, fresh mint and plum jam - sounds not too flash, but was in fact delish). Croquet after dinner (The Lad and I had to go on a team together and we cleaned up - I'm so talented), milo and a bikkie as dessert while we played Uno for bed. I won at that, too (because I'm still up - see?)

Simple Pleasure for Today: Listen to Bob Marley.

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery; None but ourselves can free our minds....."

3 Comments:

Blogger skatey katie said...

ok, i think we need to collar my mum during one of her Sunny Bay visits and get the cooking lesson, my biscotti are shite too..
the thing i admire about you is that you keep trying to make biscotti
i shelved the recipe years ago... X

5:12 pm  
Blogger The Gorgeous Debbie said...

Ooooh, like a Private Cooking Class, from the Queen of Biscotti? I can't wait. I think need to take a leaf out of my own book when it comes to biscotti. Usually, I try not to "name" anything until it appears on the plate - just in case I meander off the path on the journey from concept to table. Maybe I should go and enjoy a slice of wholemeal chocolate almond rock????? xoxoxo

10:43 pm  
Blogger skatey katie said...

I try not to "name" anything until it appears on the plate
mmm, my creations titles usually start with the words "Katie's Sexy..."

so we have:
Deb's Sexy Wholemeal Chocolate Almond Rock, Perfect For Dipping In Sexy Espressos
bwahahahahahaha X

12:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home