Google
 

Saturday, October 28, 2006

"Hello, My name is Debbie and I'm a ....."

I thought I might try introducing myself and my tamariki before we get on to our days musings. I don't usually like many photos of myself but I *love* this one of Harold the Giraffe and I, taken at Orana Park in Christchurch. Luckily I do, because The Lad printed it on canvas at about 800x600mm and has it on the wall in the dining room.



The first addition to our wee whanau was A10, he spent an entire day in the shed with The Lad sawing, laminating, routering, sanding and oiling these pieces of Jarrah into a cutting board that he was rightfully *very* proud of in this photo taken last weekend.



Next came L8, she wanted her photo taken this evening with her hair freshly 'fluffed' out of her plaits of the last couple of days. She was learning how to make different putiputi at a friends house today, and she is holding them in this photo.



H6 spent a different day with The Lad in his shed sawing, hammering and sanding pieces of plywood into this fabulous birdhouse, she had a thrush take residence the very day they erected it which pleased her no end.




L4 - 4 as of last weekend, is the youngest person in our home and is pictured here blowing out his candles.



Put them all together, add the dog and a couple of the chooks and they look something like this:

1 Comments:

Blogger skatey katie said...

land sakes girl, your LAD is a very, very special daddy.
your kiddos will never forget how he just hangs out with them, gently encouraging, helping them out with their projects.
*love* the finished products, too.

love *all* of your photos baby.
thanks for the glimpse of your gorgeous world.

2:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home